In the Media
October 12, 2022, OSMC’s Dr. Mark Klaassen is on a mission trip with a team of surgeons from around the U.S. Team Hope In Motion is a volunteer medical humanitarian organization that provides the gift of mobility through life-changing joint replacement surgeries at no cost to those in need in Guatemala. Enjoy some of the photos. Learn more about the organization and read the trip’s daily blog post here: https://teamhopeinmotion.org/
Knee Replacement Choices
Anterior (Front) Approach to Hip Surgery
Abstract: Partial knee arthroplasty has a long and successful clinical history in treating patients with unicompartmental osteoarthritis. Due to improvements in the reliability and repeatability of clinical results, as well as the continued growth of the outpatient surgery center, partial knees have made a resurgence.
Furthermore, with recent advances in materials, manufacturing, and technology innovation, cementless partial knees are expanding on the global market; and have been identified as a means for treating a younger, more active patient population. Although still relatively new to the US, cementless partial knees have been in clinical use in Europe for nearly 20 years. Over this period, a significant amount of clinical research has been conducted and as a user of cementless partial knees, it is particularly important to understand the similarities and differences between these and their cemented counterparts.
Send an email if you are interested in reading this article.
Chicago — Dr. Klaassen led training & technique development classes for surgeons. Click the image to see in larger format.
Dr. K – April 2021
Training those around the globe. Click on the image to enlarge it and see the details.
In the News
- OSMC Surgeon Changing Lives in Guatemala
- OSMC Surgeon Again Provides Free Care to the People of Central America
- Dr. Mark Klaassen Accepts Notre Dame Appointment
- Is is Time for Joint Replacement Surgery?
- Recovery from Joint Replacement takes a Big Step Forward
- A New Approach to Hip Replacement Surgery
- Is it Time for a New Hip?
- A Hip Replacement Procedure? More Like a Hip Creation Procedure
- Bad Knee? A Partial Replacement may be the Total Solution
- Balancing Act (the OrthoSensor® Knee Balancer)
- Sports Illustrated – “Part III: The Icon”